Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday Night - Just three more "sleeps" to go

Oh, my, I am getting excited...not just for the trip. Tomorrow morning my little grandson, Joseph Jerome Mehus is being dedicated during church services in Valley City, ND. He was born to our oldest son, Danny and Elizabeth December 7th.

In our family, we have a beautiful heirloom gown made in 1897 for my Grandmother Cora LaRose Weber. Grandma had two younger siblings, Grace & Joe that wore it also as a "Sunday Dress." My mom and her two siblings wore it for dress-up also. My mom, Esther Rose Weber Fust started using it as a christening gown for myself and my six younger brothers and sisters. My three sons wore it as have my other six grandchildren...so Little Joe is the 23rd baby to wear it ~ and the second Joseph~ For 113 years old, the gown is in wonderful condition.

I hope I can post pictures but today when I tried pictures wouldn't load..I may need some help...you think?

Anyway, tomorrow will be a grand day. My sis, Linda and husband Tom from Minneapolis are coming and my brother, Earl and wife, Susan also....plus sons David & Kristina and little Sophia, Steve,(Elizabeth is on call at the hospital) and Jack, Ben & Will. Dan & Liz, Sam, Max and Joe are hosting a nice party following the service. Liz's five siblings and spouses, nieces and nephews will be there also.

Will be a bittersweet day as this is the first time all of Liz's and our families will be together since the death of Liz's mom right before Christmas. Elvera will be so missed and thought about. She was a wonderful, wonderful woman.


Thanks for reading ~

No comments: